Saturday, January 1, 2005

Fathers

  • 9/11 or 24/7 Always a Hero
  • A father is someone we can look up to no matter how tall we get.
  • A father is someone who carries pictures where his money used to be.
  • A father’s love warms the heart of his children forever
  • A man never stands as tall as when he kneels to help a child.
  • A man never stands as tall as when he kneels to play with his child.
  • Anyone can be a Daddy, but it takes someone really special to be a father.
  • Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father.
  • Cherish your yesterdays, dream about tomorrow but live for today
  • Daddy, a daughter’s first love.
  • Fatherhood is pretending the present you like most is soap-on-a-rope.
  • Fathering is the most masculine thing a man can do.
  • Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
  • From great oaks, little acorns grow.
  • Granddaughters are made up from the love of their grandfather's children.
  • He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.
  • He lives in you.
  • I'm as lucky as can be, the world's greatest Dad belongs to me.
  • I never knew how much I loved you until I saw the way you loved our children.
  • In raising children I have lost my mind but found my soul.
  • It doesn't matter who my father was; it matters who I remember he was.
  • It is the child in man that is the source of his uniqueness and creativeness.
  • It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons.
  • My father didn't tell me how to live; he lived and let me watch him do it.
  • My father was a gentleman of many virtues.
  • Nothing is dearer to an old father than a daughter.
  • Perfect parents are only in old TV reruns.
  • Someday I may find my Prince Charming, but my daddy will always be my King.
  • Sometimes the poorest man leaves his children the richest inheritance. – Ruth
  • Tell me and I forget. Show me and I remember. Involve me and I understand.
  • The first man a little girl falls in love with is her Dad.
  • The greatest gift I ever had, it came from God, I call him Dad.
  • The great man is he who does not lose his child's heart.
  • The imprint of the Father, remains forever on the life of the child.
  • The Measure of a man is not of his worth, but what he means to those he loves.
  • The older I get, the smarter my father seems to get. - Tim Russert
  • There is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson.
  • There is nothing so strong as gentleness; nothing so gentle as real strength.
  • To become a father is not difficult, but to be a father is.
  • Tomorrow is for the fires we don't put out today.
  • To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world.
  • What do I owe my father? Everything.
  • What you call being a hero, I call doing my job.
  • When one has not had a good father, one must create one.
  • When you teach your son, you teach your son’s son.
  • You don't become a hero because of what you do, but because of who you are.
  • You don't raise heroes; you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll become heroes.