Saturday, January 1, 2005

Mothers

  • A good mother makes a long journey seem shorter.
  • All I am or hope to be I owe to my angel mother.
  • All Mothers are working Mothers.
  • A man's work is from sun to sun, but a mother's work is never done.
  • A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.
  • A mother holds her children’s hands for a while, but their hearts forever.
  • A mother is an angel in disguise.
  • A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary.
  • A mother's children are portraits of herself.
  • A mother's love is a special place where children always have a home.
  • A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take.
  • A mother's love is tied with heartstrings.
  • A mother's love never ages.
  • A mother's love perceives no impossibilities.
  • A mother understands what a child does not say.
  • Being a mother is my greatest joy.
  • Children are the anchors that hold a mother to life.
  • Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
  • Flowers have the sun, children have their mothers.
  • Flowers look up to the sun: Children look up to their Mothers.
  • Give your children two things, one is roots, the other wings.
  • God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers.
  • I cannot be with you every step of the way, but I can start you out on the right foot.
  • If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.
  • If evolution really works how come mothers still only have two hands?
  • If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.
  • Infinite goodness has wide arms.
  • In mothering, if you do it right, you work yourself out of a job.
  • It is as grandmothers that our mothers come into the fullness of their grace.
  • It was from you that I first learned to think, to feel, to imagine, to believe.
  • Love is no excuse to be mean.
  • Moms are like a box of chocolates. Good thing I didn't get a nut.
  • Motherhood: All love begins and ends there.
  • Mother is another name for love.
  • Mother is the name of God in the lips and hearts of children.
  • Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.
  • Mothers and daughters become closer when daughters become mothers.
  • Mothers are like buttons, they hold everything together.
  • My mother is my example of what faith can do for a family.
  • No language can express the power and beauty and heroism of a mother's love.
  • Nothing is so beautiful as a mother with her children gathered around her
  • Of course I can do anything. I'm a mother.
  • Talk to mom, she's probably been through this before.
  • The hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world.
  • The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.
  • The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom.
  • There is nothing so strong as gentleness; nothing so gentle as real strength.
  • The story of a mother's life: Trapped between a scream and a hug.
  • The sweetest sounds to mortals given Are heard in Mother, Home, & Heaven.
  • To a very special Mother, You gave me life. I give you my love, forever.
  • To a child's ear, "mother" is magic in any language.
  • To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power.
  • To the world, you are one person but to one person, you are the world.
  • Well behaved women rarely make history.
  • You can't scare me...I have a 2 year old!
  • 1 mother + 1 daughter = 2 best friends